A giant robot dragon, a skateboarding goat, and a collection of Hoovers have all earned their place in the 2014 Guinness World Records book.
- Latest Updates
Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly
Flying snakes sound like creatures from a bad B-movie, but these serpents are elegant gliders that have evolved a special skill that sets them apart. In two new studies, engineers have used simulations to try to decipher how the wingless reptile manages to remain airborne despite its lack of flight appendages.
- Electricity returning to customers in Mercer, McDowell, Tazewell
- Miranda Lambert ’ready to rock’ as she preps album
- Newtown gunman’s dad opens up in magazine article
- Powerful quake shakes N. California; no injuries
- Defense set to grill accuser in Army sex case
- Parents of Va. inmate who has cancer seek clemency
- Engine sputter heard before W.Va. plane crash
- W.Va. inmate charged with threatening president
- Lack of passport checks expose air security flaw
- More Latest Updates Headlines
- Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly