From chicken nuggets to math problems, these are eight of the strangest non-emergency 911 calls.
A Florida woman calls 911 three times to complain that her local McDonald's is out of chicken nuggets. (March 2009)
Burger King complaint
A woman calls 911 after she is unable to get the hamburger she wants at Burger King.
Locked in car
A woman in Kissimmee, FL, calls 911 claiming to be locked inside her car. (March 2009)
A Connecticut man calls 911 to ask how much trouble he could get into for growing marijuana. (February 2011)
Out of cigarettes
A woman in Texas calls 911 asking for cigarettes. (February 2013)
A four-year-old girl calls 911 asking for help with her math.
Ride to liquor store
A man in Florida calls 911 requesting a ride to the liquor store.
Drunk driver report
A Wisconsin woman calls to turn in a drunk driver--herself. (October 2009)
- Latest Updates
- ODU helps develop evacuation model for disasters
- Navy OKs changes for submariners’ sleep schedules
- On eve of marathon, festivities and tight security
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
- Woman reunited with dog, TV snatched on 1st date
- Group looks to help stranded I-81 motorists
- A proposal for success
- Shinnston couple charged in infant’s death
- Mayor’s menu filled up: 1 day, 24 restaurants
- Delay won’t quell 2014 wrangling over Keystone XL
- More Latest Updates Headlines