A rare oarfish was found in Toyon Bay, about 2 miles from Avalon, by a Catalina Island marine science instructor. Its 18-foot length awed onlookers and scientists alike.
- Latest Updates
A 67-year-old caroling tradition
Ruthanna Weber, 98, has been organizing a Kenwood, Md., caroling tradition since World War II when she was in the Navy.
- New president selected at Virginia Tech
South Africans mourn Nelson Mandela's death
South Africans flocked to the Johannesburg home of Nelson Mandela to mourn his death and pay tribute to a leader who led the nation out of racial discord by encouraging reconciliation.
- Four injured in two vehicle wreck
- Govt plan aims to keep older drivers safe on road
- Gordon Gee approved as interim president at WVU
- Mingo County man accused of wounding son
- Drug roundup underway in Mercer County
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live ’Sound of Music’
Ellsbury is a businessman in the outfield
Outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury had to consider his short- and long-term future when he agreed to a $153 million, seven-year deal with the Yankees - even if it meant burning the fans back in Boston.
- More Latest Updates Headlines
- A 67-year-old caroling tradition