Tropical Storm Karen weakened Friday, with sustained winds of just 50 mph, as it approached the northern Gulf Coast. It is expected to make landfall Sunday, likely somewhere along the Alabama coastline.
- Latest Updates
- 7 apply for Mingo County circuit judge’s seat
Texas wants background checks for health-care navigators
The counselors tasked with helping uninsured Texans navigate their way through the complicated process of buying health insurance will have to jump through a series of hoops to get licenses under new rules proposed by the Texas Department of Insurance.
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Top general to teens: Watch what you post online!
- Pearl Harbor survivor thrives meeting visitors
- Grant to boost exercise in McDowell schools
- Virginia Tech’s next president is set to make a debut.
- W.Va. files brief regarding firearm sales
- Wags and barks speak volumes when talking to dogs
How to care for a cut Christmas tree
Cut Christmas trees must be watered and kept hydrated to last through the holidays and to prevent them from becoming fire hazards. This includes small tabletop trees.
- More Latest Updates Headlines