In the absence of a palette of watercolors and a sketchpad, these three apps can fill in as your art supplies of choice.
For a lover of watercolors, Auryn Ink puts them in your pocket. The app lets the "painter" pick the canvas texture and waterflow effect. Paint on the phone by using different speed and pressure.
Auryn Ink is available for Apple and Android devices for $3.99.
Instead of scraping paint from a canvas, Layers lets users scrape away parts of one image to reveal parts of another. Import photos to trace or work freehand.
Layers is available from Apple stores for $4.99.
For those more familiar with graphic design, Adobe Ideas brings the vector illustration to the mobile platform. The app includes classic and familiar tools like the paint bucket and eyedropper.
Creations can also be saved and opened in the full version of Adobe Illustrator and syncs with other Adobe apps.
Adobe Ideas is available for free from the Apple store.
- Latest Updates
- Aid Group: 2 Americans have Ebola in Liberia
- Former Va. governor’s corruption trial begins
- Deal to improve veterans’ health care costs $17B
- W.Va. man arrested after child found in hot car
- Virginia motorist gets 2 years in pedestrian death
- US court: Va. gay marriage ban unconstitutional
- 2 killed in crash in southern West Virginia
- Obama to rename Africa program for Nelson Mandela
- Tennant turns off White House’s power in new ad
- Witness list released in McDonnell trial
- More Latest Updates Headlines