Hoping to provide "context" to the Travyon Martin controversy, President Obama made a surprise appearance in the White House briefing room Friday. He said black Americans feel pain after the verdict because of a "history that doesn't go away."
- Latest Updates
VIDEO: Obama urges world to act on Mandela's legacy
All I want for Christmas is a new Christmas song
Despite the gigabytes of Christmas music released each year — big stars making their first charge into the yule breach this year include Kelly Clarkson, Mary J. Blige, and, alarmingly, the cast of Duck Dynasty — they are, overwhelmingly, reiterating yuletide warhorses.
- Many W.Va. students don’t earn degrees in 6 years
- W.Va. DHHR changes planned to address issues
- New Va. Tech president to earn $500,000 annually
- Mercer among 9 W.Va. counties receive school renovation grants
- Wintry weather closes schools, courts in W.Va.
- Report: W.Va. ranks 25th in U.S. for student debt
Colleges brings liberal arts education into prisons
The men would eat, study, sleep, wake up and work, as they must, inside a prison complex surrounded by high fences and coils of barbed wire. Their campus is the Maryland Correctional Institution-Jessup. No ivory towers here. Just guard towers.
Human trafficking battled by text message
A few months ago, a worker monitoring a hotline for the Polaris Project, a nonprofit group dedicated to combating human trafficking, received a text message from an 18-year-old woman in distress.
- More Latest Updates Headlines
- VIDEO: Obama urges world to act on Mandela's legacy