The Midwest is getting hit with what could be its worst winter storm in two years. Many areas are forecast to receive a foot or more of snow. Weather warnings are in place from Illinois to Colorado.
- Latest Updates
- Attitudes and laws against pit bulls soften
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Va. mom pleads guilty to neglect in son’s death
- Police investigate slaying of Berkeley Co. woman
- JMU prof, student research ginseng restoration
- 2 rabies cases reported in Pittsylvania County
- Charges dismissed against Va deputy who killed dog
- E-cigarettes: Fresh air or smoke and mirrors?
Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly
Flying snakes sound like creatures from a bad B-movie, but these serpents are elegant gliders that have evolved a special skill that sets them apart. In two new studies, engineers have used simulations to try to decipher how the wingless reptile manages to remain airborne despite its lack of flight appendages.
- Electricity returning to customers in Mercer, McDowell, Tazewell
- More Latest Updates Headlines