Americans who receive food stamps will see their benefits drop on Friday, when a temporary boost from the 2009 economic stimulus runs out. Congress is negotiating more possible food stamp cuts, as part of a wide-ranging farm bill.
- Latest Updates
- McAuliffe shakes up Va. Port Authority board
- Va. small business owners advocate for Medicaid
- 2 W&L students rescued after getting lost hiking
- Va. justices: Academic emails can be withheld
- Va. transportation plan begins road show
- Theatre W.Va. to return for 54th season
- Motive for W.Va. arson that killed 3 unknown
- Woman’s body found in Ohio River near E. Liverpool
- New River Gorge eagle hit by train, dies from injuries
Low blood-sugar levels make for grousing spouses
Husbands and wives reported being most unhappy with their spouses when their blood-sugar levels were lowest, usually at night, according to research released this week in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Missing a meal, dieting or just being hungry may be the reason, researchers said.
- More Latest Updates Headlines