- Latest Updates
One person shot following incident in Montcalm community
Shooting reported in Mercer County.
- Va-area artifacts vie for ’endangered’ designation
- Va. woman admits to concealing stepsister’s body
- W.Va. man admits to stealing dead person’s ID
- Kroger restricts pseudoephedrine sales in W.Va.
- Virginia, student settle ABC lawsuit for $212,500
Sooner or later: Area students prepare their return to school
Summer vacation is winding down soon for some West Virginia students while some Virginia students will have more days off before they have to return to class.
In Mercer County, teachers will return to school on Aug. 4 and students will start on Aug. 7, said Superintendent Deborah Akers of Mercer County Schools.
Standing by coal...
Members of the United Mine Workers of America (UMW) will be gathering today in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to protest the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) proposed Clean Power Plan.
Appalachian Power proposes $25 million in upgrades to prevent ‘thermal violation’
A spokesperson for Appalachian Power Company said Wednesday that the proposed Richlands-Whitewood 138 kV Transmission Line Project is essential to maintaining a stable power supply through 2017.
Bluefield Pill Initiative leads to 7-count indictment
A federal grand jury meeting in Beckley has returned a 7-count indictment alleging that a Mercer County man “distributed a quantity of hydromorphone” in the Bluefield area.
- More Latest Updates Headlines
- One person shot following incident in Montcalm community