- Latest Updates
VIDEO: Obama urges world to act on Mandela's legacy
President Obama spoke of former South African President Nelson Mandela's legacy of making peace by getting them to trust each other. Obama spoke at the memorial for Mandela in Johannesburg, South Africa.
All I want for Christmas is a new Christmas song
Despite the gigabytes of Christmas music released each year — big stars making their first charge into the yule breach this year include Kelly Clarkson, Mary J. Blige, and, alarmingly, the cast of Duck Dynasty — they are, overwhelmingly, reiterating yuletide warhorses.
- Many W.Va. students don’t earn degrees in 6 years
- W.Va. DHHR changes planned to address issues
- New Va. Tech president to earn $500,000 annually
- Mercer among 9 W.Va. counties receive school renovation grants
- Wintry weather closes schools, courts in W.Va.
- Report: W.Va. ranks 25th in U.S. for student debt
Colleges brings liberal arts education into prisons
The men would eat, study, sleep, wake up and work, as they must, inside a prison complex surrounded by high fences and coils of barbed wire. Their campus is the Maryland Correctional Institution-Jessup. No ivory towers here. Just guard towers.
Human trafficking battled by text message
A few months ago, a worker monitoring a hotline for the Polaris Project, a nonprofit group dedicated to combating human trafficking, received a text message from an 18-year-old woman in distress.
- More Latest Updates Headlines
- VIDEO: Obama urges world to act on Mandela's legacy