A Belington couple accused of giving a toddler methadone to make her sleep have pleaded guilty to child neglect.
State police say the 23-month-old girl died after ingesting the drug in March 2013.
Media outlets report that 32-year-old Ida Lee Evans and 38-year-old David Lee DeLauder each pleaded guilty on Tuesday in Barbour County Circuit Court to conspiracy and child neglect resulting in death. Each faces up to 20 years in prison.
State police say Evans gave methadone to the girl and DeLauder made no attempt to call 911 or have the child checked out after he learned of the ingestion. Police say the couple bought the drug on the street.