With the Oscars approaching, this is a weekend for movies. Download these apps, then watch a few movies, create your own and settle in for the awards show.
Live from the Red Carpet
For Oscar night, the E! Entertainment Television app brings you all the extras from Oscar night.
Fashion photos, red carpet interviews and livestreams are all available from the app.
The app is available for free on Apple and Android stores.
Guess the movie
In between binge-watching movies, play some movie trivia. See if you can guess the movies based on stripped-down versions of the movie posters.
The app is available for free from Apple and Android stores.
When you get tired of watching movies, you can create a few of your own.
Vintagio adds vintage video filters and soundtracks for your own feature film in a few clicks.
The app is available for $1.99 in the Apple store.
Sharknado 2 set to attack viewers tonight
In the face of another "Sharknado" TV movie (the even-more-inane "Sharknado 2: The Second One," premiering Wednesday night on Syfy), there isn't much for a critic to say except to echo what the characters themselves so frequently scream when confronted by a great white shark spinning toward them in a funnel cloud:
July 30, 2014 1 Photo
What’s a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)
July 30, 2014
Gaga on Bennett duet CD: Jazz comes easier vs. pop
July 29, 2014
Reality TV is baring it all: Take off your clothes to make it in television
July 28, 2014
Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
July 28, 2014
Scientists make love, war weapons in ’Manhattan’
July 25, 2014
Dear Abby: Younger couples weigh in on how they handle money
July 21, 2014
CBS won’t dictate use of Redskins name on the air
July 18, 2014
Stars are safer because of actress’ murder
July 15, 2014
Archie to be shot saving gay friend in comic book
July 14, 2014
- More Entertainment Headlines
- Sharknado 2 set to attack viewers tonight
- Billions of GI Bill funds go to for-profit schools 1 day
- Going on vacation? Prepare your garden first 2 days 1 Photo
- Ronstadt, Katzenberg among those honored by Obama 3 days
- Awarded a Pell Grant? Better double-check 6 days
- Cork. It’s not just for wine and bulletin boards 13 days
- 5 tips for making family trips with teens more fun 16 days
- It is berry picking time 19 days 1 Photo
- Ten ways to use fresh ripe blueberries 19 days
- When it comes to skin products, less is more 20 days
- Visitors wait 5 hours for Harry Potter ride 20 days
- AP Video
- Couple Channel Grief Into Soldiers' Retreat WWI Aviation Still Alive at Aerodrome in NY Raw: Rescuers at Taiwan Explosion Scene Raw: Woman Who Faced Death Over Faith in N.H. Clinton Before 9-11: Could Have Killed Bin Laden Netanyahu Vows to Destroy Hamas Tunnels Obama Slams Republicans Over Lawsuit House Leaders Trade Blame for Inaction Malaysian PM: Stop Fighting in Ukraine Cantor Warns of Instability, Terror in Farewell Ravens' Ray Rice: 'I Made a Huge Mistake' Florida Panther Rebound Upsets Ranchers Small Plane Crash in San Diego Parking Lot Busy Franco's Not Afraid of Overexposure Fighting Blocks Access to Ukraine Crash Site Dangerous Bacteria Kills One in Florida Workers Dig for Survivors After India Landslide Texas Scientists Study Ebola Virus Smartphone Powered Paper Plane Debuts at Airshow Southern Accent Reduction Class Cancelled in TN
- BBQ My Way
- Give fruit salad zing with honey and black pepper 29 days
- BBQ My Way: Liz's chicken enchilada casserole 262 days 1 Photo
- Crock pot sausage, sauerkraut a perfect autumn meal 272 days 1 Photo
- BBQ My Way: Fall veggie pizza 279 days 1 Photo
- BBQ My Way: Arguments aside, there's just one authentic recipe for wings 293 days 1 Photo
- BBQ My Way: Judging a chili cook-off 300 days 1 Photo
- BBQ My Way: Creamy squash soup 307 days 1 Photo
- BBQ My Way: Grilled swai with fire-roasted salsa 315 days 3 Photos
- BBQ My Way: Pairing beer with food 322 days 2 Photos
- BBQ My Way: Back to basics, with pulled pork 325 days 2 Photos