A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On the discontinuation of Saturday mail delivery by the U.S. Postal Service:
• It won’t have that much of an impact on me. But I want to know, are they going to lower my postage back down now? — John N.
• Should have been done years ago — Nora S.
• Not everyone can get to the post office during the week because they work the exact hours as the post office. If they are going to do this then they need to adjust their hours during the week to be open till at least 6 p.m. in the evening. All they would have to do is shift an hour. They won’t do that because they have no idea what customer service is, which is why they are closing on Saturday due to them being a failed government corporation that can’t adapt to a changing world — Joseph L.
On a poll question asking whether you agree with the decision by lawmakers in Virginia to make texting while driving a primary offense:
• Yes — Monica B.
• Yes — Pamela B.
• Does that include red lights and traffic delays? I would rather see them outlaw eating and driving, or smoking and driving, or make-up application and driving. Swatting kids in the backseat and driving, how about talking on the phone and driving, or just talking in general. Where does it stop? — Donna M.
• Yes! Ticks me off when someone about hits me and I see them texting. You should be able to get their tag number and call 911. Oh and the people talking on the phone while trying to drive in the snow need tickets too — Scott B.
• I have dialed 911 to report drunk drivers before and come to find out they were
distracted on their phones — Chrissy C.