On a column by James H. “Smokey” Shott addressing the new gun control laws being pushed by President Barack Obama:
• Since most people are lawful in other things, why have any laws or restrictions on anything? His argument is stupid. Smokey needs to write more about local issues instead of regurgitating what other conservative columnists write — Don Z.
• I do agree with him on one thing, if tanks and rocket launchers were legal then 99.9 percent of people would not be harmed by legal lawful gun owners. That only leaves 310,000 Americans dead a year from those weapons being available to civilians. Lawful gun owners deserve the right to own a tank, nuke or aircraft carrier. Same logic, if you are against my right to own a nuclear weapon then you hate America and are a communist socialist like Hitler — Joe H.
• Once again people don’t get it! Punishing millions of good people for the actions of a few crazy bad people is ridiculous! I don’t believe in the Sandy hook conspiracy crap. I think it’s just bad reporting by idiots that put info out in order to scoop everyone else. As for this “why can’t I own a tank?” garbage, obviously when the Second Amendment was written nobody envisioned fighter jets and nuclear submarines, which is why in the event of a revolt against the government the citizens would need a large part of the military to side with them. The advanced weapons the government would use to oppress the population is an argument for semi-automatic rifles and high capacity magazines. What is so difficult to understand about that? — Eric J.
On a poll question asking how would you rank your expectations for President Barack Obama’s second term:
• Very scary!!! — Wayne J.
• Just think now every day that goes by is one less day we have to look at him or listen to the lies and deceit — Derek K.
• Obama is no more than a mere puppet on strings being told what to do. He is for himself. Just another waste of space for the next four years — Jay H.