— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a story about a West Virginia teen running for office, and whether 18 years old is too young to handle a state’s legislative issues:
• I could never be a politician because I hate corruption and I could never be bought so they would get rid of me immediately — Joe H.
• If you can take the oath to defend the nation against foreign and domestic enemies in the military, why not help in the logistics ...? — Robert S.
• If you’re old enough to vote you are absolutely old enough to be voted for, in my opinion — Haylea M.
• If you are old enough to die for our country than you are old enough to run for office ... pretty sure the kids could do no worse than the old folks ... — Melissa F.
• Looks like she has more experience than many of her elder statesmen when they got started — Joseph L.
• Perhaps a better question to ask is when one has aged past the point of competency. An 18 year old is a valid representative of what is probably the least represented demographic. Our representatives are seriously skewed toward an age bracket that no longer works in nearly every other vocation ... — Mark D.
On what fall festivities/activities you are looking forward to:
• Football! What else?! Lol! — Nancy G.
• None. I just want to make it through World War III in one piece — Luke N.
On a story about men dressed as Batman and Captain America saving a cat from a burning house:
• I wonder how long it will take DC and Marvel to show up and sue their shiny, stretchy pants off of them — Mark D.
On a video about a $65,000 luxury doomsday bunker:
• Man cave! Lol — Dave H.
• And it won’t help one bit, just get ready to meet the Lord and you won’t have to worry about anything — Della S.