On a Mercer company announcing a $1.3 million investment and 50 new jobs in Bland County, Va.:
• Congratulations Bland County! — Lorri W.
• This is great news for Bland County — Gail H.
• Figures ... — Carly M.
On a voluntary manslaughter verdict in a trial for a suspect in a Bluefield shooting:
• Why do they get off from the murder charge? — Shirley M.
• Because the defense made their case over the prosecution. The jury felt convicted to give him the lesser sentence because they felt he was telling the truth about not pulling the trigger — Angela C.
On a video of a judge apologizing for comments made to a young victim in a rape case:
• Too little, too late! — Sherry G.
• No consent + underage = rape = longer jail time than 30 days! — Bill S.
• It’s hard to un-ring a bell. Can’t call back those words, horrible judge — Susan A.
On whether minimum wage should be raised:
• Here is reality: When wages go up, the price of goods goes up. We see it every time the minimum wage gets raised, but the numbers seldom equate ... — Sharon Q.
• Yes, to meet the cost of living. These people work just as hard as anyone else — Tammy J.
• I have a love-hate relationship with raising minimum wage. This is because while I think some jobs that are minimum wage should be paid more, others should not ... — Clinton W.
• They really do work hard, that’s the reason we should tip them well. If they do raise the minimum wage they will just cut their hours back where they can’t make it anyway or they may just hire a few and work them to death. It’s a no-win situation — Della S.
• No, they should lower the prices of living — Rusty H.
• No! If the wages are raised they will have to raise prices on the food. Which, in turn, you would have less sales. I think you need to leave things alone — Della M.