— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a poll question asking if President Barack Obama should launch a military strike against the Syrian government for its alleged use of chemical weapons?
• That is unconstitutional!! He needs consent from Congress to declare war — Megan S.
• Bush and Cheney all over again. World War III. If world powers are threatening each other and mobilizing military, something is bound to happen — Torren B.
• If there is a direct threat to American soil then by all means protect our land in what way is demanded. But if this is their war let them fight it and let’s stay home on this one — Tracy T.
• We have interfered enough over there. I’ve been saying all along that Obama and Bush are really not all that different. Same basic government control goals — Joseph L.
• I agree with Tracy. I would like to keep my son home. If it’s their fight, let them have at it. Enough of our troops have been injured and lost their lives. I say if it don’t threaten good ole USA, keep our noses out of it and our troops in their own red, white, and blue country — Rhonda D.
• You need to learn what the scriptures says about Obama. Daniel 8:25
King James Version (KJV) “And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.”
• And if the Bible is true (ha ha) how do you know any of that is about Obama? — Torren B.
• I agree with Tracy and Rhonda. But, sad to watch innocent people die at the hands of evil ): “And if the bible is true” someday real soon, you will find out it is. We will all find out. Gods word was what it said it was!! Yes, even this is in there... — Angela U.
• I think all the big countries should be with us ... not the U.S. alone — Lisha R.
• Of course not. The U.S. needs to stay out of the Middle East — Drema W.
• Two step process. Bomb for 12 hours, wait until the smoke clears then wipe out all the survivors with more bombs. We don’t need another debacle like Iraq. They are all terrorists — Richard W.
• When Arabs are killing Arabs, it is none of our business — Steven T.
• Heck no — Shannon J.
• UN issue — Louetta W.
• Shouldn’t he be more worried about getting our problems in this country in check first — Sadie K.
• No, we don’t need to get involved in more conflicts between other people in other countries. Yes, it is very horrible and sad that hundreds, especially children, were killed with chemicals, but we have our own crime issues that need resolving — like having funds available for increasing our police protection and military to protect our borders. We haven’t even left the other locations that the exact same thing has been going on — Karen P.
• Hell no we don’t need anyone else (expletive deleted) at us. Obama is already destroying the United States. He doesn’t need any help and how can we say what is right for another country when our values here in the USA have gone to hell with murder on the rise and everyday you read a paper where someone somewhere is either murdering or sexually abusing a child. Thousands of babies are murdered here every day by abortion. So clean up our country before we try to tell others what to do
— Anita H.
• No he shouldn’t. That’s the problem. The USA does not know how to keep their nose out of others business. We have enough problems of our own here in our own country. I do believe in helping others, but in a case like this, I believe that we need to just keep out of it. Because if we get involved in this it will only make the problem worse, and not help — Kevin B.