On raising the minimum wage:
• Of course it should be raised. It sure would be nice for the honest, hard-working man to get a little help — Scott C.
• If minimum wage doubles to that proposed then everything else will to in order for the businesses to pay for the employees wages. Then, you are looking at a lot of small businesses closing down — Alecia L.
• Well then people your McDouble will now cost you $10 — Brian S.
• It should not be raised! Raising minimum wage gives people less of an incentive to get an education. I worked hard for my education and hold a respectful job but only make $18 an hour. Why should someone who typically has only a high school education and no ambition make the same amount as someone who has worked hard to get where they are? Unless with the minimum wage increase they increase everyone’s salary. And people think, minimum wage goes up so does the price of everything you pay for! — Sarah H.
• It should go up. Not to $15. As someone else mentioned, managers would be quitting and starting over to get the $15! $9 to $10 would be good — Brian W.
• Lots of good view points. Personally I agree with the idea of not raising it up to the $15 range. If you want to make good money get an education. Otherwise deal with what you are dealt in the way of pay ... — Angela C.
On copper thefts at the Holiday of Lights:
• People are so pathetic! Get a job and quit stealing people’s job — Amy B.
• We were wondering what happened last night when were there. Several of the displays weren’t lit. :( This is why they need our donations to keep the lights up and running. I’m sad that someone would be so desperate to vandalize the displays, but think the problem can be fixed with a little security there at the park and a little generosity from those who enjoy this little tradition — Angelia G.
• Wow talk about a grinch — no morals or self respect what so ever — Louetta W.
• Maybe someone needs to form a neighborhood watch to patrol the area? — Chrissy C.
• This is so sad that people are reduced to stealing the joy that these lights bring to the children and adults of our community. Bah humbug indeed! Peace to all! — Mary B.
• Shame on them. The lights bring such joy to so many. This makes me very sad — Shirley G.
• Scumbags — Micheal C.