— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On where you would go for the season if you could escape winter’s wrath:
• A beach ... Hawaii maybe! — Stefanie B.
• Somewhere warm all year around — Katie J.
• The Bahamas — Mary L.
On a story about winter ruining a collard green crop, and what vegetable you would like to see wiped out:
• Rutabagas. Lima beans — Dave H.
• Okra, lol — Leah P.
• Wild onions — Eileen F.
• Celery — Kathy B.
On a story about a Playboy magazine article providing new insights into the War mayor’s death:
• They have articles? — Brian W.
On whether the so-called Sudafed Bill is fighting meth or costing patients:
• Costing us! Less laws, less government, more freedom for drug-free America. It is like in school, the whole class being punished for a couple of kids misbehaving — Greg B.
• They will find something else to use. Meanwhile allergy sufferers have to go to a doctor... — Shirley M.
On local communities that struggle without tap water:
• Cornbread Ridge — most everyone runs out of water in the summer. We are surrounded by public water yet none here — Tim H.
On a poll question asking how should America respond to Russia’s military advances in Ukraine:
• Keep our noses out of it — Mary L.
• Bring Bush back to handle him! — Wayne J.
• Let the U.N. handle it, we’re not the world police — Joe H.
• We do not need another $10 billion a month war ... — Bev O.
• None of our business. Obama should ask Bill Clinton for advice — Michael P.
• We agreed to protect their borders to get them to give up their nukes, do we go back on that now? — Dave H.
• Just split the country, it’s already divided ... — Dennis R.
On a poll question asking how significant of a problem litter is in your community:
• Roadside litter is terrible! Please don’t toss your trash out of the car window — Marla A.
• Prostitution and drugs litter most streets in my area — Chad E.