— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On your favorite retro video game:
• Pac-Man — Teresa W.
• Donkey Kong — Crystal G.
• None — Debra B
• Dig Dug — Cindy S.
• Frogger — Stephen F.
• Pitfall! — Sunshine G.
• Galaxa — Greta K.
• Galaga/Ms. Pac-Man. It’s a tie :) — Ronnie H.
• Tron! — Amy N.
• Super Mario for Nintendo —Stephanie J.
• River Raid — Michael R.
• Steeplechase, though, River Raid, Kaboom and Missile Command, were great too! — Scott M.
• Zookeeper, Gauntlet, Popeye, Defender, Double Dragon and Street Fighter — Jay H.
• RC Tank — Roger W.
On a good Samaritan assisting at the scene of a New Hope Road crash:
• God bless our nurses. To the rescue they come — Shirley O.
On if you have ever met someone famous:
• Yes, George Jones at Jimmy’s Restaurant in the mid 60s. He was doing a show at the auditorium. It was so nice to see him and get to have a conversation with him. Great memories in Bluefield — Deborah W.
• Bryan White. Was famous country singer in the late ’90s — Jennifer F.
• I had my picture made with Awesome Bill Elliott, Nascar champion and most favorite driver for many years and also had the privilege of shaking John McCain’s hand when he was on the campaign trail — Carol R.
• Dan Haggerty (Grizzly Adams) David Allen Coe, both at Daytona Beach — Karen D.
• I have met Ben Cartright (Loren Green) at Concord University back in the 70s ... — Kathy L.
• Danny Devitto, Gregory Hines and Penny Marshall at Fort Jackson during the filming of “Renaissance Man” — David P.
On a logging truck losing its load on Route 52:
• This is why you should not follow so close behind them. — Christine R.
On a poll question asking how often you cook homemade meals:
• Pretty much every day. Can’t afford to go out to eat! — Mary L.
• I try to cook daily — Alli L.
• I cook homemade meals daily. Mostly from scratch — Nicolette B.