— A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On how often you receive spam phone calls?
• All day long — Anita V.
• Two to three times a day — Connie B.
• At least 12 a day. Sick of them. I report them to the “donotcall.gov” and nothing ever gets done. I used to use a loud whistle in the phone when they called, but now it is autocalling with automessages — Bev O.
• Very seldom. I am on the “Do not Call” list, but I don’t know if that is the reason — Jeanne W.
On a story about an argument over an iPhone leading to a Bluefield shooting:
• Now are iPhones going to be banned in Bluefield? This world is sad — Stephanie P.
• Please teach your children, teens and yourself that human life is more important and more valuable than any material possession — Cindy C.
On a story about a West Virginia man facing charges of crypt tampering and robbery at cemeteries:
• All I can say is people just don’t have the fear of God anymore! — Yvonne B.
• A new low — Mark F.
• Anyone that would disturb the dead is pitiful. I hope they put him under the jail — Donna B.
On a story about a Virginia mother who bonded out after her children died from being left in a hot car:
• Only 65,000 bond? These poor children suffered much more than that. I have no pity for this woman at all. I’m sorry, but a woman that could do this is sick and needs medical help — Sue M.
• Maybe she needed to be bonded out to be left in a hot car ... just sayin’ — Onia W.
• Medical help my (expletive deleted), she needs the death penalty — Anita H.
• She should have the same thing done to her that she did to them! An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth! — Delta F.