On a woman who planned to hand out letters instead of candy to moderately obese children on Halloween:
• This woman is no better than all the rest of the bullies ... — Anita H.
• You know some people are gonna TP and egg her house. She also has the option of keeping her light off and not giving out anything to anyone — Sharon Q.
• This women clearly needs a psychological evaluation. As if overweight children aren’t teased enough by their peers! SMH ... women like this make it even harder for kids that are overweight to enjoy one of the things that kids enjoy doing.... — Tonya J.
• This woman needs to go soak her head — Sue D.
• It’s called trick or treat, because if you don’t give them a treat, then they retaliate. Go get ’er kids! — Joseph L.
On Bluefield police arresting two people in a Toys for Tots scam:
• Hope they keep these two in jail — Anita H.
• This is beyond belief. Is there anything people won’t do? Why are they out without posting a bond? — Jenni G.
• Nice work BPD — Johnny F.
On Hallmark changing the words to a Christmas carol on one of its ornaments, and whether companies should be allowed to change the lyrics of holiday songs:
• No! They need to leave them as is. They are trying to take everything from the Christians and I’m sick to death of it — Linda H.
• No — Louise W.
• The company has purchased the rights to the song so they can do as they wish — Tonya J.
• That depends on who maintains ownership I suppose. On the other hand, if it is worth buying then it should be left in its original form. Write your own song if you want to send a different message — Stan W.
• No — Heather P.
• No, they need to keep Christ in Christmas and to be able to say merry Christmas not just happy holidays — Rita P.
• Absolutely not. No is my answer — Dorothy C.
• And here I thought only homophobic idiots automatically thought of homosexuals whenever they see the word gay. Get a dictionary folks, the “Gay 90s” had nothing to do with an influx of gay pride parades in the 1890s ... — Joseph L.
On the capture of an inmate who escaped on Oct. 31:
• Did he at least get a few Halloween treats? Ha, ha — Dave H.