— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On what was your favorite cartoon, and if you prefer modern cartoons or the classics:
• “Tom and Jerry” was my favorite and classics are far better cartoons! — Tabitha W.
• Loved “The Jetsons” and “The Flintstones” — Carly M.
• Love all the “Looney Tunes,” “Tom and Jerry” and “The Flintstones” — Heather P.
• “The Flintstones” — Julie S.
• The classics — “The Flintstones,” “The Smurfs,” favorite of all time was Punky Brewster and Fat Albert, lol ... — Heather B.
• The classic cartoons — Janet M.
• Classics are way better! — Lawanda O.
• “Scooby-Doo” was always my favorite — Jenni C.
• Bugs Bunny — Lecia S.
• My grandson’s fav is “Scooby-Doo” — Charlene L.
• “Flintstones” — Donna G.
• This is actually a tough question. Out of all of the great versions of Bugs Bunny, “Underdog,” “Flintstones,” “Laff-A-Lympics,” “Rocky And Bullwinkle,” “Merry Melodies,” “Captain Caveman,” I have to pick “Tennessee Tuxedo” as my favorite because I loved Chumley so much “Duh ...Tennessee.” Of course this is not including prime time more adult-oriented shows like “The Simpsons,” “Futurama,” “Family Guy” or “South Park” — Joe H.
• Modern ’toons are stale and boring for the most part, aside from a very few exceptions — Joseph L.
• The older “Looney Tunes” cartoons. Bugs Bunny, Roadrunner, some I haven’t seen in so long I remember them but not their name. These new cartons, are they funny? Don’t make me laugh — Shirley M.
• Classics, Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig and all those, they were decent cartoons — Sherry B.
On a story about the wife of the suspended Mingo Judge Michael Thornsbury filing for divorce:
• She should have gotten rid of his butt a long time ago — Alice N.
On a viral video of a father-daughter duet:
• Cute, cute, cute — Rosa T.
On whether West Virginia should legalize the use of medical marijuana:
• Hell yeah — Patrick S.
• No! — Wilma A.
• Yes. There are cases where cancer patients can regain their appetite. It is not a matter of getting high, it is a matter of helping people out of pain ... — Bev O.
• Lord no. Bless this world dear Lord! — Ruth M.
• No, we have enough drugs in West Virginia as it is — Rita P.
• Yes. I’ve never known a pothead to commit crimes for their high. It impairs you far less than alcohol. There are far worse demons to fight than weed in this community — Tracy T.
• If they do, we’re going to have a lot of people “sick,” and the real sick ones won’t be able to afford it. That’s just one more drug to have to worry about — Shirley M.
• No — Sherry B.
• Yeah, your prohibition has worked so well in stemming the drug use in West Virginia hasn’t it. The war on drugs has been an utter failure, and a waste of government funds, based solely on a moral stance, anyone can see this, especially in your area — Joseph L.
• No! Drugs, drugs, drugs everywhere. That and taking God out of everything is what is wrong with the world today — Mary M.