On a Supreme Court case that will decide if a sniff by a police drug dog is an illegal search:
• Imagine the billions of dollars a ruling in favor of illegal search would cause. How many appeals cases do we think this would produce? The only people that have anything to hide from a drug dog are those with substances they shouldn’t have anyway. This is a Pandora’s box — Samuel B.
And on a story about the county commission officially rescheduling Halloween:
• And I thought Larry, Curly and Moe were finished with their self-made disaster and were ready to move on to something really important, like setting the date for decorating your house for Christmas — Bill S.
• All this has done is demonstrate how inept this council is! It’s Halloween, not rocket science. We love Halloween immensely, but come on — pick a day and stick with it! — Laura C.
On a poll question asking when you will start decorating your house for Christmas:
• I’m ready now! — Kimberly W.
On a story about a court ruling APCO can recoup $6 million in environmental costs:
• They don’t deserve one dime. The customers’ costs have skyrocketed and profits are soaring. They chose to side with Obama and kill West Virginia jobs. I hope they fall on their face — Derek K.
On a story about the sentencing of two defendants in the Bluefield Pill Initiative:
• They should give dealers at least 10 years per count mandatory, and they should tighten restrictions on pills. It amazes me how much dope is in the streets, there’s no way at all it would be there either if the doctors weren’t over-prescribing medicines. This problem is extreme and needs some serious reconstruction — Chris S.
On a story about the CMA awards, and a question asking about your favorite country music singer:
• Toby Keith — Rick T.
• Merle Haggerd — Wayne J.