A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a story about dozens being charged in a counterfeit check scheme in Virginia:
• It’s a sad, sick world! — Mae E.
On a column asking if Big 12 athletics are worth the cost:
• No! — Brian W.
• Always better to be a big frog in a little pond than a little frog in a big pond — Steven T.
On a story about a fatal accident at Nemours:
• Praying for this family — Mary M.
• So sad — Susan M.
• So sorry to lose such a sweet girl. Please pray for her children and her family. I know she had some awesome friends that are going to miss her a bunch — Jeremy B.
On what you think of Gov. Tomblin’s prison reform bill, which mandates that non-violent offenders be released six months early into supervised programs:
• So much for the Pill Initiative ... — Jim D.
• I think he’s an idiot ... Of course I thought that way before he did this, so there you go — Karen H.
• I see no reason to be jailing non-violent offenders in the first place ... — Jonathan S.
• I think it needs to be decided on a case-by-case basis. Also, if it is a repeat offender are they only going to look at the last crime they committed to end up there again, or are they going to look at their entire history? They may not have committed a violent crime the last time, but could have previously — Teresa D.
On a story about a proposed space mission and if you and your spouse could survive a 501-day trip to Mars in a cramped capsule:
• No — Donna M.
• No — Pam B.
• Heck no — Shelly M.
• 501 days! — Lisha R.
• Nope! We would be divorced before we got back to earth! LOL — Mae E.
• Yes, We have worked together for 10 years, 365 days a year, sometimes 16 hour days — 501 days ... no problem! LOL! — Marie B.