On story on a local Christmas tree farm, and if you put up a live or fake tree:
• Zero. I am Mr. Green. Save the trees — Jerry W.
• Awesome place and such a nice family. I’ve been getting our trees there for several years now — Shelia W.
On a story about the National Shooting Sports Foundation considering moving out of Newtown in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting:
• Guns don’t kill people, people kill people. When did a gun jump up and start shooting at someone? Better background checks and focusing in on mental disorder people is a must ... — John L.
On a poll question asking about your primary heating source:
• Heat pump — Amy B.
• Heat pump — Lawanda O.
• For the main part of our house we have gas heat. The bedrooms upstairs have electric baseboard heaters and a heater in the hallway. The electric costs almost twice as much as the gas and that’s with running a gas heater in the basement and two gas fireplaces — Johnny F.
• We burn wood in a Buck Stove — Brian M.
• Electronic baseboard heaters — Robin L.
On a story about a State Police trooper searching for three hours to find a family lost in the woods at Camp Creek:
• That’s great! You only hear bad things about police these days so it’s really refreshing to have the good news published! — Charlene B.
• State Police rock! — Donna M.
• WVSP have rocked since the very beginning when my family members joined and continue to be a model for all law enforcement agencies everywhere! — Rebekah L.
• We need more officers like him! God Bless — Wanda S.
• WVSP are the best! — Julie P.
On a poll question asking about the best part of the Thanksgiving Day parade:
• The end when it goes away — Bev O.