— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a story about a former church youth volunteer under investigation for alleged sexual abuse of juveniles:
• Need to just let the parents take care of the sick people. This is all you see in the news — Michelle L.
• I’ve been disgusted to see so much of this in the local news lately, but then I realized they are finally cracking down on these sickos and that’s one fewer out there taking advantage of innocent children and ruining lives! — April B.
• I swear. I’m about damn sick and tired of these people preying on children. Should have their damn teeth busted out. Every last one of ’em — Chad E.
• Wow! Is this not the third case today involving someone preying on a child? The laws need to get tough ASAP! These sick perverts need to be fixed like the dogs that they are! — Mae E.
• Our children are not safe anywhere — Doneva F.
• What is wrong with our community? This used to be a place I was proud to call home. But I’m not anymore. It seems like every week there are cases of sexual abuse. It makes me really question whether or not I will place my daughter in school. I am seriously leaning toward home schooling — Samantha W.
• The Internet has made it easier for pervs to follow their perversions. I think they have probably always been around but the task force and Internet Crimes Against Children has top-notch investigators!! I hope they castrate them all! — Donna M.
• I’m thankful they are finally getting taken off of the streets — Laura C.
• Just like the Bible says, what’s done in the dark will be brought to the light. Everything people are doing thinking they’re hiding it. It’s all starting to come out. God help them all — Sherry A.
• I say all the time, the truth always comes out! — Amy L.
• These jerks are a menace to society. Every one of them. They should not be locked up, fed or clothed. They should be ... well, you don’t want to hear what I think — Debra C.
• Pervs and drugs, that’s all that is on the news, every day! — Donna M.