— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a poll question asking if NASA should receive more funding from Congress for new technology to prevent future asteroid impacts with Earth:
• No — LaTriossia B.
• NASA can't prevent future asteroid impacts ... NASA is the devil! — Jamie L.
On a poll question asking whether juveniles should be banned from using tanning salons in West Virginia:
• That should be up to their parents. Our children is ours not the governments. Government is getting to much control of America’s freedoms! — Angel H.
On a story about U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., attempting to change the classification of hydrocodone:
• These days it's more than pills so no I don’t think it will help — Micole B.
• Either legalize all drugs or start executing dealers and doctors that supply this garbage. Quit wasting billions of dollars on this stupid war on drugs — Joe H.
On teens being warned about the dangers of social media following a high-profile Ohio rape case:
• Very interesting read. Social media is never the problem of creating criminals or creating criminal acts. But in using social media, we can become the citizen journalists of reporting crimes. I can't say I agree with all the judge said and the tones he says about using social media but as a person who uses social media — we all do have a responsibility to report a crime if we see a crime and if you can capture that on a media outlet — go for it. It may be the only way that victims can get the justice they deserve and these criminals can get the time coming to them for the crimes they commit! — Cindy C.
• Men need to teach their sons how to be men and to respect women. Simple as that — Chrissy C.