A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On four people being arrested on drug-related charges in Princeton:
• Keep up the good work cleaning up! — Dave H.
• Way to go — Barbara S.
• Thank you officers! — Janis D.
• Thank you! The police rock! I love you guys. I pray for you to be safe and happy, and good luck catching the bad guys! — Patty S.
• Way to go PPD! — Angela B.
On a poll question asking how often you go to the movies:
• The cost is so ridiculous now, who can afford it really, besides irresponsible parents who send their kids out without any supervision just so they can have some free time ...!? — Tonya M.
On the hiring of Christine Kinser as the as new school superintendent of Tazewell County:
• Good choice... — John C.
• Very good choice ... — Patsy W.
• That’s awesome — Bradley Y.
On the introduction of legislation to stop the EPA carbon rules:
• The EPA is killing the economy! Yes I like fresh air but I also like food and shelter — Kelli C.
• The EPA was killing the economy when we banned CFCs and ended most of the problems leading to smog and acid rain, too. Heavens, me — however did we survive that war on employment?! — Matt S.
On a manhunt underway for a man who allegedly killed his infant son:
• I have no mercy on him! — Joyce W.
• So tragic. RIP lil’ baby. He deserves no mercy! — Patti B.
• This little one is safe now with our almighty God — Dottie S.
On a story about deputies locating $18,000 worth of marijuana plants in Buchanan County:
• It’s a plant, go after the pillheads! — Angel H.
• Hmm ... those plants ain’t natural to our area.... :/ Dave H.
On the sentencing of a Montcalm man to 75 years in prison on sexual assault and possession of child pornography charges:
• Good — Dottie H.
• And may he serve every day if it — Brian M.
• Unless you sat in the courtroom and listened to the testimony, you really shouldn’t be so quick to judge...! — Tracy B.
• It’s done, it’s over, he got 75 years. Ain’t nothing anyone can do or say that’s gonna get him out! — Crystal B.