A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On your favorite exotic animal:
• Quokka, the happiest animal on the planet. They are always smiling and happy with anything they have. We need to incorporate some Quokka into the human experience, maybe then there would be a lot less greed and envy — Joe H.
• I don’t know if this is considered an exotic animal or not, but when I first got to my duty station in Germany, I was doing motor pool guard duty and seven wild boars walked out of the woods into my area. Those suckers are huge! Needless to stay, I did the rest of my duty on top of the five-ton trucks. LOL — Luke N.
• Gotta love those dolphins. :) Neal V.
On a story about a reformed Mercer Street prostitute:
• I hope all of the girls find their way out — Sherry B.
• Sad epidemic and Bluefield Avenue is just as bad — Heather H.
• This line in the article saddens me to no end! “What I discovered there (West Virginia) was a drug culture that paled in comparison to any other I have ever seen to this day.” If we, as a society, put as much effort into deleting the drug epidemic in our region as we do a ban on pit bulls, we may actually come out ahead! — Danny B.
• I am so happy for her, that in her walk, she finally found God! Pray that so many others, in this situation, will see that God truly is the only way out! — Angela U.
• Great story, well done. We all need to realize that without the grace of God we could all be in that, or a worse, position. May the Lord continue to bless her life and to offer salvation to the others on the streets. And for us that can, would help! — Jeanne L.