— A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a poll question asking how much you plan to spend on home-improvement projects this year:
• I’ll be on a first-name basis with all the folks at the bank by the time all the projects are over ... that’s how much! — Donna G.
On the U.N. promoting edible insects as low-fat, high-protein foods, and whether you would eat a bug:
• With the rise in grocery prices, we soon may not have a choice! — Rob B.
• I help my children eat gummy worms ... does that count? — Carly M.
• Umm. No — Sharon E.
• Dipped in dark chocolate! — Teresa S.
• Crickets taste like Lays Potato Chips — Derek Z.
• Eww ... no — Cindy G.
• It’s just a bug. I’ve seen people eat worse and survive — Alli L.
• Sure. People that are not open minded miss out on life — Richard S.
• Eat them all the time when biking. They’re an extra source of protein — Neil S.
• You won’t convince McPeople to eat anything that isn’t heavily processed ... Unless you incorporate bugs into a box of mac ’n’ cheese or Mountain Dew — Derek Z.
• I would eat a bug before I would consider eating the flesh of a warm-blooded animal like a cow or pig — Julie D.
• Anyone that went to Camp Joy was exposed to the camp leader’s son who always was snacking on grasshoppers and chocolate-covered ants. Anything covered in chocolate can’t be too bad — Joe H.
On Bluewell residents asking the Mercer County Commission for help in dealing with prostitutes:
• They can’t keep them off the main drag in Princeton, how the heck will they keep them out of Bluewell? —Scott H.
• How will they help in Bluewell when they can’t even fix the problem in Princeton — Tina E.