On a story about a plea agreement being considered for a Mercer County murder suspect:
• Yup, they’ll knock it down to 10 years with mercy or some stupid nonsense. But heaven forbid you’re a first time offender for petty larceny, they’ll lock you up for 20 years — Don Z.
On a story about the reopening of the Colorado movie theater where a gunman killed 12 people, and if you would you feel comfortable attending an event at a venue where a tragedy had taken place:
• It’s not that I would feel uncomfortable. I think it’s just morally wrong and taboo, so to speak, to even consider it! And selfish for that matter! Have a new one built; tear it down and put up a memorial! — Joya C.
On a poll question asking how quickly your road or street is cleared of snow and ice following a snowstorm:
• Pisgah Road may be get scraped by the end of the day, but I seriously doubt the state road will come and scrape Alvis Road. Typically, our local neighbors with tractors plow us out of here — Lori A.
• City of Bluefield takes a couple months to get to ours — Matthew D.
• City of Princeton always out doing a great job. State road, though, this go around had their hands full. Another version of “The Fast and the Furious,” it just came down so fast! — Debra C.
• The street I own a house on there is usually cleared when the sun melts it. LOL — Chris S.
• Our road is never worked by the state road. If we are lucky a neighbor will get to it but it’s rare. It’s a gravel orphan road — Debbie P.