On a story about a McDowell County man arrested twice in the same day on the same charges:
• They need to give him about six months for stupidity — Carol B.
On a story about a forecasted monster storm:
• People already freaking out. It’s winter in West Virginia, we get snow... — Peter M.
• Where’s that “Do Not Like” button? — Kathy L.
On if you are tired of snow days, and whether the school calendar should be changed:
• No ... I love having my kids home. The way I work I cherish every moment with them — Greg B.
• Snow days may save their lives, who wants to risk putting their children on a bus that could be in an accident? I don’t want to put my grandchildren at risk — Diane D.
• No. Summertime is the only time these kids get to enjoy being outside ... — Kelsie B.
• They complain about kids being overweight and not spending enough time outside, but they want to stick them inside the school all summer when it’s possible for them to be outside ...? — Karen H.
• I have personally not seen any concern with my child’s education due to the excessive amount of snow days ... — Patricia D.
• Heck no! Don’t punish the kids because of the weather. They are human beings too! They like summer just like the rest of us ... geesh... — Lisha R.
• I think they should do year-round school. Every three months, they get a month off — Bobbie L.
• Summers would be OK if they didn’t pile them down with homework so they could go outside for some play time and fresh air — Darlene F.
• To be rather honest, I don’t mind the snow days. That just means there is less of a chance of my children getting sick from other children who are sent to school by sorry parents! :) Dreama H.