— A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a story about a Princeton group hoping to restore the former Lavon Theater:
• When in high school I spent many Friday afternoons in the “Royal” seeing movies — 10 cents for the movie and another 10 cents for a coke and a bag of popcorn — Gene B.
On a story about a Virginia couple who kept a girl in a cage being sentenced to 30 years:
• I hope these individuals get the same treatment in prison that they gave this precious child. How sick and sad. Pray for this little girl and that her heart can begin to heal with good people that will love her. So sad — Cindy C.
• Sentence doesn’t sound long enough to me! Evil! — Sarah P.
• Disgusting, they will get theirs one way or another. They should be locked up and put into solitary confinement, see how they like it. Like I say, we need to be the voices for the voiceless, and there are many, many more out there like this. It sickens me — Mary G.
On whether all schools should practice gunman drills:
• ... yes! It’s always beneficial to be prepared for anything! — Jason Q.
• Heck yes! They should also allow teachers and administrators who want to, to conceal carry in schools — Shoshana M.
• Yes — Alleta R.
• If government would take care of business people would be afraid to take a gun to public places, especially our schools — Peggy F.
On a story and question asking when a nightgown is appropriate in the office:
• Um ... never. Seriously? — Karen H.
• On a porn movie set — Drew F.
On a story about an underage alcohol sting:
• Arresting people always stops these kinds of things. *eyeroll* — Derek Z.
On a poll question asking who is the best Superman actor?:
• Christopher Reeve — Mary C.
• O.G. George Reeves — Steven R.
• Christopher Reeve for the movies, Dean Cain for a TV series — Karen S.
• Tom Welling played an awesome Clark Kent but he was a doo-doo Superman, if that makes sense — PJ B.