— A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a story about cursive writing fading from society, and what is more important, cursive or keyboarding:
• Cursive? I think I’d be more worried about spelling. BTW IDK OMG LOL ... — Jamie L.
• Keep teaching cursive, or we will be back to making your mark instead of signing your name. Computers have actually led to the further dumbing down of this country ... — Joseph L.
• If you don’t teach children writing, at least printing if not cursive, how can they communicate? What will they do if there is no technology with a keyboard available? Everyone needs to know how to read and write without the use of a keyboard. With writing you can always leave a message in the dirt or dust to communicate! — Greg G.
On a poll question asking if America’s economy is moving in the right direction nearly four years after the Great Recession:
• Seems to be. People sure do buy a lot of iPhones and stupidly big trucks for the economy to be in such rough shape — Derek Z.
• We are still in the Great Recession — Lecia S.
On Senate leadership killing a House approved turnpike tolls removal bill:
• It is an unfair “tax” on the people of southern West Virginia only. They don’t care as long as they are not the ones being penalized. I still say if they need this money so bad move the tolls to one of the roads in the northern part of the state and the problem is solved! ... — Teresa D.
• How many people pay to go to work? My husband does because of the tolls. A lot of the ones that want to push it under the table get a free pass given to them to go to work — Carey P.