— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a poll question asking how early do you put up your Christmas tree, and if you prefer real or artificial:
• Have it up now — Nancy H.
• I am keeping mine up all year around and decorate it as the seasons and holidays change. I have had mine up for three weeks now — Tonya J.
• I prefer real — but due to allergies, I use an artificial tree — Cathy W.
• Waiting till after Thanksgiving — Donna B.
• Mine were put up yesterday because I always have a “kickoff to the holidays” party coming up and like it ready for that — Lisa B.
• Mine has been up a couple weeks — Kelly S.
• The day after Thanksgiving I put up artificial trees — Cleda C.
A story on more powerful storms developing, and the question of whether you blame this on global warming, also known as climate change:
• Yes. Wished they had called it climate change, then we wouldn’t have to waste so much time with global warming obstructionists — Bill S.
• Well I guess Republicans will blame it on Obama — Rusty H.
• It is the earth fighting back for all the damage that humans are causing. The earth is culling the herd — Bev. O.
On a question asking what is your prediction for the upcoming winter season?
• The wooly worms here where I live are solid black so this tells me a long hard winter. So there now you have it — Jerry W.
• Every wooly worm I’ve seen this year is solid black, guess it is going to be a bad one — Wayne J.
• Cold — Melissa F.
• Nasty with a lot of the four letter cuss word ...snow... falling on our patch of the earth — Bev O.
• WVVA reported ‘doom and gloom’ for this morning. Where is it? — Bill S.