A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a story about the looming arrival of the East Coast “Frankenstorm”:
• Bring it on! — Dan W.
On a poll question asking what day your children go trick or treating:
• Dang, this is some confusing stuff. Why can’t they just post it? I never thought it be that hard to decide. It is only one night of candy and lots of exercise — Tasha P.
• It’s both nights. My kids are gonna like this! — Michelle F.
On a story about the Mercer County Commission’s inability to decide which day to observe Halloween:
• How is having Halloween on the same day everywhere more confusing than having it on two separate days? — Jeff M.
• Leave it on the day it is — Karen D.
• Let’s move Christmas to December 24, because the 25th is on a Tuesday. Better yet we can have it on both days. Pure insanity — Joseph L.
• Somebody got their britches in a wad, don’t they have anything better to do than play around with the calendar?? Apparently not ... grrrrrrr. Somebody needs a new job — Debra C.
• People should really just leave well enough alone! Sheesh! — Angela G.
• I think Halloween should be on Halloween. It’s just little ones going from door to door getting candy. It’s gotten moved one year because of football which was a joke, and now cause it’s a church night. OMG — Angel H.
• Church and state, don’t mix them — Jerry W.
• I think it should’ve been left alone. I know Halloween falls on a church night but I think it’s up to the people if they would rather go to church, hand out candy or take their little ones out to trick or treat. Whatever they choose is their choice but the day and time should’ve been left the same. All this is doing is causing a lot of confusion! — Tonya P.
• Keep your religion out of my government, and I’ll keep my government out of your religion — Joseph L.
• Leave all holidays alone! The dates were chosen for a reason when put on the calendar. Children trick or treated for years no matter what day of the week it fell on. The parents of today are members of that age group. Get over your busy lives and try to enjoy something with your children! Stop trying to change everything to better suit your schedule — Kelli C.