On a story about a black bear boom, and whether you’ve seen any bears:
• A friend just showed me pics he took of a big one at Browns Creek at north Welch and another friend says they have them bad at Kimball at Starland Heights Apartments — Crystal B.
• I had one right below my house on the side of the road (definitely something wrong with it). I live in Narrows and this past weekend we were going across Cloyds Mountain, and there was a beautiful one sitting up on the side of the mountain. It was just sitting there like it was watching traffic. I wish I could have gotten a picture because it was definitely picture perfect :)smile — Misty C.
• Yea, down in Ada. A bear killed a dog just above my mom’s place. I saw it twice after that — James C.
On a poll question asking how you prefer to get your caffeine:
• Injection ... ha, ha ... hook the coffee pot up to an IV — George S.
• Coffee, hands down! — Latha K.
On a poll question asking how much of an influence the vice presidential candidate is when casting your vote for president:
• Well, it should have an influence on you. Get involved with what’s going on in this world — don’t just sit back and take it! — Barbara S.
On a story about a bizarre hammer attack in West Virginia that left two dead:
• Damn, he really wanted that guy dead. Shesh, what’s up with all the West Virginians these days? It’s like every other day there is another murder. Is it something in the water? — Amanda S.
• Is it something in the water? Yes, it’s alcohol, OxyContin and meth — Doug C.