— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a story, video and slideshow of the fire that destroyed the Mayflower Seafood Restaurant in Bluefield, Va.:
• Sorry to hear this ... was a great place — Nancy H.
• First, Richwood Golf Club closes, and now this right across the road. Ouch — Brian W.
• I hate to see this. Their food was awesome. Hope they build back — Cynthia D.
• Terrible news — Tasha H.
• Really hate that. Sorry — Loretta H.
On a story about a West Virginia man charged with killing several cats by setting them on fire:
• He’ll get a slap on the wrist. But, yes he should be tortured like the animals were — Chris H.
• He is the worst kind of person! — Dave H.
• I agree. Burn him — Brian W.
On a video about a student firing a police officer’s rifle — which was loaded — during a school function:
• Now why was the officer careless enough to leave it where kids could get it? — Carly M.
• Why was it loaded at a school drug awareness presentation in the first place? — Joseph L.
• Why in the world do you bring a gun to a drug awareness program and an AR-15 at that? What part of drug awareness involves a gun? I hope the kids are OK and this officer loses his job. It never should have been loaded and it should have not been left unattended by the officer — Tracy T.
On a poll question asking who will win the World Series?
• A bunch of millionaires — Joe H.
On a question asking if you would ever consider investing in a film or startup project?
• I already did. Ever heard of “FrackNation?” The producers would only accept individual donations (no corporate or foundation money) to raise the money needed. So hundreds of people chipped in to make sure the documentary was made. We’re all listed in the credits as executive producers — Lecia S.
• Yes, to raise money for advertising for my book ... “Wisdom (Beyond Her Years).” I am thinking of doing a kickstarter to raise the funds — Bev O.
• It’s good to see hundreds listed as fools on a phony documentary. Maybe you could help Michael Moore on his next lie .... — Steven T.