On a poll question asking if you will get a flu shot this year:
• Heck no. Just don’t trust it — Micheal C.
• Yup! Done got! ... — Alicia P.
• A healthy person getting the flu injected into their system to keep from getting the flu. Does that sound healthy? — Michael D.
On whether the Washington Redskins should change their team nickname:
• Yes, it’s offensive, they should change that name! And consider the name of Washington’s team is a dictionary-defined, offensive racial epithet — Dave H.
• I’ve always thought it was more honorary than offensive, like the terms Chiefs, Indians, Braves etc. But that’s just my opinion ... — Petey P.
• No — Jenni G.
• Due to the actions of Congress, the Redskins have decided to change their name out of embarrassment. They’ll now be known as the Maryland Redskins — Jamie L.
• People need to grow up and stop seeing every little thing as a racial slur ... — Kelli P.
• I am not comfortable when one segment of a group implies they are speaking for the entire group. If they don’t like the team’s name then don’t buy their souvenirs, don’t go to their games, don’t watch them on TV, etc. ... — Bill S.
• It should be a compliment that a team is named after you! We do not give a name to anything unless we love the one we name it after! ... — Della M.
• Political correctness gone wild — Bill C.
• This is dumb as hell — Derek Z.
On a new Medicare scam in Mercer County:
• Hope they catch the criminal doing this! — Cindy C.
On if you think it is appropriate for teachers and students to exchange text messages:
• I am a mom to three boys and I say there is no need for a teacher to text a student. Text the parent, communicate with the parents! — Cindy P.
• Mine has graduated, but he was in the band. Awesome band teacher and band teacher’s awesome wife both texted band members. It is a very good form of communication, super quick, just what is needed with a group of teens going every which way. Little kids, probably not appropriate, but little kids don’t have cell phones ... — Donna M.
• No! — Bev O.
• For some situations, I’d have to say yes — Maggie B.
• No — Anita H.
On a poll question asking how often you donate to charitable organizations:
• Every day, I work so the people on welfare don’t have to ... So I give to charity every day — Steve K.