— A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On whether a rodeo clown, dressed in an Obama mask, went too far in poking fun at President Obama, and a video of the event:
• Why no, we as a country have always made fun of our presidents. Lighten up! He needs made fun of! LOL — Cy G.
• Absolutely not. We still have freedom of speech. This video just doesn’t paint the picture that Americans are in love with Obama like mainstream media would have us to believe — Renee B.
• Lord no! Less tyrant, more president! — Todd S.
• Would a sign on a George Bush clown saying “AWOL from the Air National Guard” be appropriate? — Bill S.
• Poor taste, low class — Susan A.
• Nobody said liberals were perfect, but the other guys are insane. :) Derek Z.
• No, he didn’t go too far. Presidents have always been the butt of jokes and that is what this was. People need to lighten up and get a sense of humor. It’s no different than if he had on a Carter, Reagan or Clinton mask ... — Kaye L.
• To say his name over and over to incite hatred and violence is an act of violence against the president. Whether or not you agree with his politics, the president deserves more respect than to be “run over by a bull” ... Bev O.
• Making fun of anyone is very disgusting? People who do should take a good look in a mirror! — Lucrettia E.
• It was fabulous — Heather J.
• Love it, LOL ... — Keith M.
• Words can’t describe how much I disagree with the president and everything he stands for. Having said that, I really wish we would respect the office of the presidency much more than we do today ... — Sam B.
• Isn’t every U.S. president poked fun at in some way, shape or form? The media should stop making everything about race! — Bobbi B.
• Two wrongs don’t make a right but Obama has done far worse to this country — Angela G.