On a story about the suspect in the Mingo sheriff shooting being charged:
• He’s not worth a comment ... but if I were to comment, I’d say hang his a** — Deb C.
• Good — convict him quickly them hang him! Do not let this scum cost the state of West Virginia one more dime than it takes to pursue his right to a speedy trial, conviction, then carry out death penalty — Scott B.
• When he was shot it should have killed him — Micole B.
• Tell me again why there is no longer a death penalty in West Virginia? — Drema A.
• These nuts don’t care to kill because they will get free everything in prison, for what little time they are sentenced — Christine D.
• West Virginia has no death penalty, but the feds do. Perhaps he broke some federal crime maybe? — Chuck W.
On a story about President Obama returning 5 percent of his salary to the Treasury:
• Oh don’t let him fool you, he knows his other policies are tanking and his approval rating is taking a beating and he has the gun control vote coming up so he is trying to look good for public relations ... — Clinton W.
• Cut all of their pay 50 percent and see what happens. Things would look much, much different — David D.
• Mr. Obama’s action is a great example of top down management and fiscal maintenance — Taya W.
• No, Mr. Obama’s action is a great example of political maneuvering to keep the public from realizing that he is just as much to blame for the sequester as Congress ... — Joseph L.
• Symbolism over substance ... — Paul D.
• There’s just no pleasing some people — Derek Z.
On a story about a Mercer County man pleading guilty to first-degree sexual assault involving an 11-year-old juvenile:
• Maggot! — Jackie M.
• They should give pedophiles life, start making a few examples, and I bet we wouldn’t see it so much — Eric L.
• Deserves to be executed. So should all convicted rapists — Petey P.
• Totally disgusting. Whatever his sentence, it’s not enough — Bd H.