— A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a story about the economic impact of the new dental school in Tazewell County:
• This is neat. Glad to see some useful schooling brought to the area. I hope people get interested in this and try to help it grow — Derek Z.
On a story about the shooting death of Mingo County Sheriff Eugene Crum:
• Really sad to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family, Mingo County Sheriff’s Department and law enforcement throughout the great state of West Virginia — Matt U.
• The world is getting crazy. Prayers for the family :-( Kelly H.
• Very sad news indeed! — Shirley G.
• Death penalty — Robert F.
• West Virginia is losing the war on drugs. This poor man died fighting that battle — Chrissy C.
• How horrible. People of the world have gone mad — Rebecca L.
On a bill to remove turnpike tolls passing the West Virginia House of Delegates:
• Yay! — Sharon C.
• The only reason to dismantle the program is to raise taxes. Look out West Virginia! — Susan Y.
• I’ll believe it when I see it! — Misty F.
• Those toll booths could “relocate” to the northern part of the state — Billie C.
On new threats by North Korea:
• God bless the USA — Karen P.
• Maybe they need to take a look at the Hiroshima incident — Roger F.
• Send Obama’s drone in to take care of Kim Jong Un. Done! — Sherry S.
• If North Korea had oil we would have invaded and toppled the government by now. :-D Don Z.
On your favorite late-night host:
• Jay Leno — Glen H.
• Jay — Brian W.
• Johnny Carson is the only King of Late, Late Night, but of the current ones Jimmy Kimmel is the best — Joe H.
• Jay Leno is trash to my family. I can’t stand him and can’t wait for him to go away! He hates West Virginia so why would anyone in West Virginia like him? — Bev O.