Bluefield Daily Telegraph
A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a story about the House of Delegates taking up the turnpike toll bill, and if you think tolls will be removed by 2020:
• The tax was supposed to be removed years ago. But with the Democrats running Charleston this will never happen — Danny L.
• Remove all turnpike administrators now and let the WVDOH and feds maintain the highway as it should be. The highway employees can move to the DOH. Stop the tolls sooner than later. Please — Drew F.
• Hopefully — Carey P.
On a poll question asking if MTV should resume production — and a second season — of “Buckwild” in light of the death of star Shain Gandee:
• No. Some have been in trouble and now this. I watched the show and enjoyed it, but these kids can’t handle the fame. Show wouldn’t be the same anyways :( — Kelly H.
• The show should have never started ... — Steve K.
• The show must go on — Front M.
• Just won’t be the same without that gandee candy — Jordan R.
• No — Tyquon C.
• They shouldn’t have started it in the first place. It is just another cheaply produced “reality” show that presents humanity in its most embarrassing moments. I do offer condolences to the family of the deceased. It is never easy to lose a loved one — Rose L.
• No — Brian L.
• No — Diana K.
• If they hadn’t been “glamorized” to start with, maybe he’d still be alive ... So sad — Diana K.
• No ... There shouldn’t have been a first season! — Roger E.
• No! I’m so sorry for the loss of this young boy but I never liked the show to begin with — Sherry B.
• No! — Sarah P.
• Seems like bad things are starting to happen to these kids — Venetia G.
• I am so sad. That is terrible — Selina P.
On a story about a 95-car pileup on Interstate 77 near Fancy Gap, Va., that claimed three, injured 25 more:
• Condolences to the victims’ families — Michael F.
• Prayers are with the families — Mary M.
• God bless all the family members who lost someone in this horrible vehicle pileup — Teresa M.
• An Easter Sunday that started out wonderful at my sister’s in Durham, N.C. Then coming home the worst wreck, pileup that I have ever seen. I thank God we were northbound. The interstate was closed in both directions so we stayed at the rest area/welcome center on the VA/NC line for almost 3 hours. ... Karen P.
On a story announcing the lineup for the 2013 Second Chance Rocks the Two Virginias Concert:
• Shooter Jennings!! — Michael W.
• Such a great fundraiser for a great cause, but I’m obviously old or “something” because I don’t recognize any of those names — Nancy B.
• I can’t wait for it. Sounds like some (great) singers coming this June — Jim S.
• Why does Second Chance rock? There are no rock bands — Rodney H.
• Shooter Jennings rocks, but I’ve never heard of the other ones — Michael W.
• Looks like the word “rocks” needs to be removed from the concert title — Tim H.
On a story about National Geographic recognizing the Hatfield-McCoy Trail as a top 10 spring tourist destination:
• That is some good positive news for McDowell County and southern WV — Hobert C.
On a story about a traffic stop by the Princeton Police Department netting more than 700 pills and cash:
• Great job by the police to get all these dealers off the streets — Steven M.
• Way to be on the ball! — Karen P.
• Thank you Princeton Police Department and drug task force for what you do day in and day out ... Be safe out there — Irene C.