On a story about a lawmaker’s concern that crimes committed while on drugs could offer a free pass from jail under legislation designed to ease overcrowded prisons:
• Crime is crime no matter when it is committed and this is one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard of. Want to decrease overcrowding then get the death penalty for applicable crimes and quit giving criminals a life in a resort for the wrong they do ... — Charles B.
• ... It is a free pass and a loophole for anyone to commit any crime and completely get away with it. All you have to do is say, “I was on drugs at the time of the crime.” Let’s all move to West Virginia — we can rape, steal and pillage at our heart’s content ... because we have a free pass! — Drema A.
• Ask yourself who are the lawyers and politicians in West Virginia, and indeed you will have your answer — Richard B.
• Shoot the killers, child molesters, rapists, and then work the sweat out of the druggies. Make them see that they don’t want to go back — Mary N.
• This has to be the dumbest thing I have seen yet. Wonder who is going to get their pockets lined from this? — Marina C.
• Excuse me? This country is going to “stupid” itself out of existence! — Cathy H.
• If this bill passes I do not see a need for law enforcement or jails. Think of all the money the state could save and put in their pockets — Delcia A.
• Just another way to let the judges play God and decide who gets jail and who gets rehab. This is a bad idea — Steven T.
• I believe this will be a pass to commit crimes sooner than later — Chrissy C.
On a poll question asking what is your favorite Easter candy?
• Cadbury Caramel Eggs — Tara C.
• Peeps! — Lisa B.
• Hershey’s marshmallow eggs :) Roxanna B.
• Russell Stover Chocolate Covered Coconut Eggs ! — Barbara W.
• Hershey’s peanut butter eggs — Sherry B.