— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page this week:
On what attraction you would like to see locally:
• It is crazy how proactive Princeton and Bluefield, Va., is with businesses. Bluefield could utilize the 1st exit off I-77 and have a gold mine. There is nothing from Wytheville, Va., to Princeton, W. Va. A lot of money drives by our town ... even small Bluefield, Va., has a Wal-Mart ... — Robert S.
• Chuck E. Cheese’s would be nice. IHOP. — Robin S.
• Promote and support small local businesses. If a place is known for unique small local businesses that attracts people more money stays in the community. — Dave H.
• Would love to have an Italian Bakery. An Indoor water park would be great! Chuck E. Cheese’s, Target, Ross's , IHOP, Barnes and Nobles, Red Lobster for starters. There is nowhere from Beckley to Bristol. — Lina A.
On getting a tattoo to represent your region or state:
• I have a Power T on my lower back for the Tennessee Vols. — Kari C.
• I have the flying WV on my shoulder. — Carl S.
• I have a Flying WV on my chest, 304 on my forearm, state outline on my back. So yes, I’d say I would get a tattoo representing my state. — Jeremy B.
• I don’t like them. — Angie C.
• I’m from Tazewell and in 2007, I got a Tazewell Bulldog tattoo on my right forearm. — Christy R.
• I have a coal miner’s daughter tattoo with the outline of W.Va. on my left shoulder blade in remembrance of my daddy, a W.Va. coal miner. — Sandy L.
• I love my tattoos and plan to get more. One of which will represent W.Va.! — Jess W.
On the greatest unsolved mysteries:
• Stonehenge — Patricia D.
• Why people thought Jay Leno was funny. — Joe H.
• Hoffa — Donna G.
• Amelia Earhart — Tiffany L.