A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a poll question asking if Republican lawmakers should have been invited to participate in a Democrat-only trip to Washington to confront the EPA on coal:
• Yes! — Betty R.
• Yeah, go ahead invite them so they can obstruct and block something else! — Wayne J.
• Both parties need to deal with this in a way that protects both the coal mining industry and the environment — Peggy S.
• So they can continue to fight for coal deregulation in the same breath as woman regulation, sodomy regulation, homosexual regulation, and marriage regulation? — Derek Z.
• Yes, so there’s someone with a brain! — Roy C.
• Sure why not ... They are our only voice! Let it be heard! — Madison O.
• One party’s grandstanding is enough — Don Z.
• Democrats go right along with the EPA! So that was a waste of time! — Della M.
On a story about the Democrats trip to D.C. to confront the EPA:
• Just another photo op in a “pretend-to-care” about the state. Where will Manchin be? The establishment at work... — Barbara T.
• Can you say staged protest? The notable absences tell the story. This is just a dog-and-pony show to show their voters they “care” — Joseph L.
On a story about a woman charged with child abuse after pouring gasoline on her daughter’s head to get rid of lice, and causing the girl to catch on fire:
• Not even gonna say what comes to my mind ... Sue M.
• How awful! Everyone knows gas is flammable, not to mention the chemicals in there that are irritants. Olive oil is the best, as it suffocates them. Praying this little girl heals — Karen S.
• Sick, demonic (expletive deleted)! — Angela T.
• That women deserves life in prison. Poor baby — Don H.