On a story about a crackdown on littering, and if you know of an illegal trash dump that needs to be cleaned up:
• Bluecourt Road off of Littlesburg Road. The Bluewell PSD is located here and people dump trash, old furniture and, worst of all, unwanted cats and dogs here all the time — Sandra B.
• Clines Country Road in Pinoak, off of Route 10. Sections of Wright’s Mountain Road in Lashmeet. Springton Mountain Road. Wherever there is a “back road” you will find trash... — Tina H.
• I love West Virginia, but I’d have to say it’s the entire southern part that’s a trash dump and needs cleaned up! ... — Venetia G.
• Off Bryant Street in Bluefield there is a overgrown dirt road ... It is a half-mile long dump ... — Bz T.
• I am tired of seeing the garbage dumped out of people’s cars at the top of Cornbread Ridge, connecting to Gardner Road ... — Karen S.
• All of Airport Road from GVBC to CVS ... probably beyond. Kee Reservoir, where our water comes from, is one big dump. Trash lines the whole road, not to mention a few large dead animals. If this is somebody’s job — they need replaced — Paul D.
• Route 52 from Bluefield to Welch there are several yards or eyesores ... — Hobert C.
On a poll question asking what motivates you to mow your grass:
• My wife — Rick T.
• When it looks like no one lives there — Vickie E.
• When I get dirty looks and stares from the neighbors! LOL — D.C.M.
• To be able to get out in the sun and fresh air — Sherry B.
• When it gets tall enough to hide snakes ... Just kidding. I love mowing the yard. The smell of cut grass is fantastic! — Kaye L.
• When the threat of tigers becomes obvious — Joseph L.