On how far is too far when it comes to executing the death penalty:
• I wonder if they were to bring back public hangings, just how many child molesters, murderers would think twice ... — Gail S.
• I definitely think they should bring back public hangings — Jennifer Y.
• I think it should be public crucifixion. We crucified Jesus who had no sin. The Bible says “An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth ...” — Delta F.
• What about those who are innocent yet convicted and put to death? Is one innocent death worth a thousand or even a million correct convictions and executions ...? — Torren B.
• What if you execute the wrong guy? I mean a lot of people have skipped to the Lou right off of death row over the years because it turned out they didn’t do it ... — Paul P.
On a poll question asking how you would rate President Obama’s tenure in office:
• One being the worst and 10 being the best I would say negative one — Casey B.
• Under his watch everything that should be up is down and everything that should be down is up, to steal a phrase — Jimmy G.
• On a scale of one to 10, he’s not even near the state that the scale is sittin’ in — Debra C.
• Doing good. Much better than the alternative was! — Dave H.
• Lousy! — Alleta R.
On what can be done to stem childhood obesity:
• Responsible parents — Chris S.
• Quit buying them cookies and soda. Put their (expletive deleted) outside to play instead of in front of the TV — Liz S.
• Kids need to be doing more farm work. Nobody ever got fat putting up hay or digging potatoes — Matt L.
On a quarter of Mercer school buses stalling due to cold weather:
• They should have called it off as cold as it was. Especially seeing as how some parents don’t care enough to put coats on their kids — Renee B.
• This happened in several counties including Mercer — Tracy T.