— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On a date-stamp mistake bringing $9,000 worth of chicken to the Bluefield Union Mission:
• Not a mistake, a “random act of God” — Janel H.
• Was a human error, but was God’s plan to bless the poor. Thank you Jesus! — Janis D.
On unique and interesting pet names:
• My sister has a dog named Schatzi. That’s German, BTW — Neal V.
• I have a brother/sister cat pair named Pork and Bean — Kathy L.
• Nexxus. Bella Mae — Joya C.
• Mr. Biggles — Jamie L.
• OMGosh! ... I also have a dog named Schatzi ... It means treasure. And she sure is! — Teri S.
• I have German shepherd named Tanzy and a beagle named Buddha — Selina T.
• Our granddaughters named one of our cats Ninjaoreogus. (Ninja Oreo Gus) — Brian W.
• Mani (that is “peanut” in Costa Rican Spanish) — LaTrissia B.
• My cat’s name is The Cat but we call him TC — Charlene L.
• We have a white boxer named Petunia May and we used to have a dachshund named Lindsey Lowhound. :) ... — Dreama H.
• I have a beagle named Spongebob — Dan M.
• I have Dashound name Shawty! :) Crystal H.
• I had two dogs named Poodink and Chinky — Sherry B.
• Tyke. Muffin — Gloria O.
On a column about abundant plea deals in Mercer County:
• Very good editorial. Identifies a problem that I have noticed — that someone is charged with more than one offense but then a deal is made to plead to one or two and the rest forgotten. If they are charged with crimes, they need to go to court on all the charges — Bill S.
On a McDowell County rescue dog being featured on Animal Planet’s Puppy Bowl X Tailgate Party:
• I watch the Puppy Bowl — Tammy H.
• Puppy Bowl is so cool. I watch it every year — Julia L.