— — A selection of reader comments from our Facebook page last week:
On old bridges in the area that are in need of being replaced:
• The bridge going across the river at Ritter Hollow seriously needs replaced! — Wayne J.
• Davy and Twin Branch have a few. The one just before the tunnel at Twin Branch is horrible — Janine B.
• Don’t know about replaced, but that one by the mall needs to lead somewhere other than the side of a hill — Dan M.
On a poll question asking if you are satisfied with President Barack Obama’s proposals to overhaul the U.S. spying of American’s phone records:
• He is not doing anything about it. Remember he is a politician so he is going to do what he does best and that is telling people what they want to hear — Chad E.
• The word “satisfied” doesn’t belong in any sentence that has President Barack Obama in it. I think “unsatisfied” is a much better fit — Becky G.
On Richard Sherman’s strange postgame rant:
• Seattle Kingdome ... lots of noise ... just won Divisional Championship ... elated ... emotional ... and the likely motivation was WR Michael Crabtree talking junk all season long ... — Richy S.
• He was talking about Jim Harbaugh saying that Crabtree had the best hands in the history of the game, when in fact he is mediocre. Sherman’s rant was crazy but accurate — Samuel B.
• He made himself look like an idiot. That is all — Amanda J.
On the “Duck Dynasty” stars coming to West Virginia:
• Great! First a chemical spill, now a bunch of yuppies dressed as hillbillies, what’s going to complete the rule of three? An earthquake? Flood? Frogs raining from the sky? — Joe H.
• Lol, put everything aside. They are doing this for a good cause — Sharnesia S.
• Bring on the beards! ... let’s get tickets. :) Ashliegh M.